“Patience is allowing yourself longer than you thought it could possibly take to master your craft.” — David duChemim
“I have accepted influences but I think I have always known ow to dominate them.” — Matisse, quoted by Robert Adams in Beauty in Photography
“Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” — Rumi
– Surrealism in street photography Fascinating article. I do some surrealism and street, but never made the connection.
– Ethereal monochrome
– Composition: line of sight of your subjects
– Medium format monochrome only back This is a review of a $50K medium format back, but there is a lot about how sensors work, resolution and spectral sensitivity.
– Use Image Processor in PS to resize multiple images
– Image splitter: making big images with small printers
– Dream big!
– How to brighten up portraits
– 5 ways to be more creative
The goddess contemplates the gold she has lifted from the earth as her counselor makes a point. The counselor is from a Giacometti sculpture, the goddess is Water-Moon Guaynin and the gold post were all from the BMA.
“We become original through practice.” — Posted by Seth Godin on November 29, 2017
“How lacking in courage is an art in which the creator examines the collective ideal as opposed to the self-centered individualism of his own being.” —Peter C. Bunnell, in Jerry N. Uelsmann, Aperture Monograph,15:4, 1970
“We are making photographs to understand what our lives mean to us.” — Ralph Hattersley
– Images from Lesotho
– On going pro
– Making eyes look great in PS
– Composition tips
– Reviewing old photos
– 7 portrait photographers share
– The appeal of BW photography
– Designing a calendar in photoshop
– Being creative with motion
Monarch butterfly on chrysalis after hatching.
Wondering—Past and Future
Wondering about your past, about what might have happened, about bad decisions made and roads not taken… this is a recipe for not much more than regret.
But wondering about your future?
When we wonder about the future, we get a chance to begin again, to set new goals and envision bold plans.
No more chances to do yesterday over, sorry. But infinite chances for tomorrow. — Seth Godin
Management’s job is not to prevent risk but to build the ability to recover. — Ed Catmull, Pixar
The question is not, “Should I manipulate a photograph?” Since the invention of photography, all kinds of things have been done to photographs. The question is, “What happens when I do or don’t manipulate a photograph?”
– Continuous lighting vs strobe
– Low-key portraits with a single light
– Cold weather photography tips
– 9 photography habits to quit this year I don’t necessarily agree with all of these, but they are worth considering.
Assateague Island National Seashore, New Year’s Day, 2017