[Poetry is] “an immense conversation of the soul.” — Joy Harjo, next US poet laureate of the US. Applies to photography as well.
“The great geniuses are those who have kept their childlike spirit and have added to it breadth of vision and experience.” – Alfred Stieglitz
“He who works with his hands is a laborer.
He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.” — Francis of Assisi
Photo essays/Bodies of Work
– Hanoi’s motorbike culture
– “Skygazing” Simple but elegant composites.
– Photography and text This really appeals to me as I am working on book of my poetry and images.
– The traveling dress collective From Vickie Gray via Facebook. But for me it was more about the different locations chosen than about the dress.
– Light overlays Using gradients; also create an overlay as a preset.
– Removing halos from HDR images 2 minute video
– Smooth and soften skin
– Outdoor portraits: using flash to balance ambient light
– The importance of sequencing your images
– Art of Photography: Creativity, process, technology, limitations