“Inherently, we all know that an image isn’t measured by its resolution, dynamic range,or anything technical. It’s measured by the simple–sometimes profound, other times absurd or whimsical–effect that it can have upon us.” — Chase Jarvis
“Exposure. . . should be evaluated by the ease by which the image can be exposed to the right people in the right way to maximize impact.” — C.J. Chilvers
“Independent thought is the scarcest resource in photography today. — C.J. Chilvers
– Shoot in bad weather for good images
– Maine driving guide
– Android phone cameras years behind iPhones This was very interesting
– Good tutorial on very precise content aware fill Courtesy of Steve Oney
– Great Louisiana bird spot and neat image
– Lessons in wildlife photography Melissa Groo is a really making a name for herself as a wildlife photographer
– Macrophotography tips
– 3 tips for long-exposure photography
– Climate change north of north
– Are curved sensors coming soon to a camera near you?
Model Karen Amaya from Grafitti Warehouse last December.
“I do what I feel, that’s all. I am an ordinary photographer working for his own pleasure. That’s all I’ve ever done.” – Andre Kertesz
“Sometimes you don’t know why you’re doing something. You’re intuitively following, to see where it leads.” – Edward Burtynsky
“If you are out there shooting, things will happen for you. If you’re not out there, you’ll only hear about it.” – Jay Maisel
– Put a photo inside text This is a fun effect and might be neat if you want to create some cards for Valentines Day or Birthdays.
– Photo make over Matt Kloskowski does a good job at this. Shows how to edit 3 photos using LR, PS and ON1 to make the most of them. Things to think about before competitions.
– Conversation with Susan Burnstine, Part I
– Conversation with Susan Burnstine, Part II
– Long exposure tips A personal note: some blurring in streams and cascades to show motion is fine, but some images use such long exposures it looks like the stream is filled with milk. Personal opinion: that looks yucky!
– Incredible National Geo pictures
– Nature’s Best Winning Images
One more from the Beaches series that is still a work in progress.