– Can teach you a lot about photography.
– Can expose you to new techniques and photographers.
– Can provide great fodder for online sharining.
– Can be the ultimate creativity-killing distraction.” — CJ Chilvers in A Lesser Photographer
“Technique and gear seem insignificant if you have a message.” — CJ Chilvers in A Lesser Photographer
“The best critiques I’ve seen are not about the image’s technical properties.
The best critiques question why the photograph was created in the first place.” — CJ Chilvers in A Lesser Photographer
– Photoassignment 3 from the “Art of Photography”– Ted does a great job of explaining the implications of shooting low, at eye level (both viewer and subject), and high.
– Is street photography dead?
– Perfect panoramas and time lapeses Includes a link to a huge list of software, much of it free
– Making the most of your kit lens
– Tips for shooting in snow
– Getting shallow depth of field with flash If you can afford a f/1.2 lens
– Color management with ICC profiles
– Everything you ever wanted to know about tripods
– Getting the most out of your point and shoot
One more in my ongoing “Shorelines” project.
“When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.” — Ansel Adams
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.” — Marianne Williamson
“Reaching a ‘creative’ state of mind thru positive action is considered preferable to waiting for ‘inspiration’.” – Minor White
– Interview with Jack Dykinga
– Conservation Photography
– Lynsey Addario: Notes from the conflict zone
– More creative self portraits
– Create 3D textures in Photoshop
– Summit in the Smoky Mountains
– This one is fun
– Overcoming a fear of strangers
– Sketch effect in Photoshop
– Wildlife Photographer of the year
The Art of Photography Assignments
– Introduction to the whole assignment concept
– Assignment::Variations First assignment in case you lost the URL. In this episode he references a journal, which he explained here:
– Photographer’s sketch books Then he provided some follow up and additional explanation of what to expect and why you will benefit from doing the assignments.
– Follow up to Ted Forbes 1st assignment How to be a great photographer