“…aesthetic harmony means very little unless the photography reveals a personal, emotional truth. I want a viewer to feel like they’re inside the experience rather than looking at it.” — Curran Hatleberg
“Originality lies in the embrace of one’s own voice, not in the reaction to others’ voices.” — Peter Kayafas
“I create situations that do not exist. I seek the truth from fiction.” — Sarah Moon
Photoessays/bodies of Work
– “House Music” Reminiscent to me of Sally Mann, only indoors.
– WOW! Repeating patterns
– All of the capbilities of “Export As” More than you might realize
– Creating reflections and reflections in puddles
– Create realistic shadows
– Why you should do projects
– Composing wide angle landscape shots
– Charlie Waite: Great images with small cameras
– Joe Pugliese: Interesting interview and images
– On Photoshop’s 30th birthday (Feb. 19), some stories of its birth
I spent a bit of time this weekend experimenting with different BW processing methods. This was my “traditional” method using a BW adjustment layer in PS and adding tonal contrast and detail extractor in COLOR Efex Pro.
For this image I converted to BW with a gradient map and then added a black layer and white layer and locally masked the layers to get deep blacks in particular.
Finally on this image I used Image > Calculations, with levels, curves and some added noise. Would like to hear comments and what you liked best.
“The camera is an excuse to be someplace you otherwise don’t belong. It gives me both a point of connection and a point of separation.” — Susan Meiselas
“We are making photographs to understand what our lives mean to us.” — Ralph Hattersley
“What I have learnt and what I teach now is all about experimentation and learning to pick yourself up and try again when you fall down.” – Lara Jade
– The new Apple file system
– Photoshop techniques you should know
– Field macro studio
– Color Lookup tables in Photoshop
– Removing tattoos
– Personal Projects
– Photography in Yucatan Mexico: ruins and wildlife
– Retouching hair in Photoshop
– How to Geo-tag your photos
– Social media
Young woman walking at Sandy Point State Park.