Kindness. Expertise. Attitude. Skill. Emotional intelligence. Honesty. Generous persistence. Willingness to take risks. Loyalty. Perceptivity. Attention span. Care. Self awareness…” — Seth Godin, June 28, 2018
There are no bad pictures; that’s just how your face looks sometimes.”– Abraham Lincoln
I used to think that I could never lose anyone if I photographed them enough. In fact, my pictures show me how much I’ve lost.”– Nan Goldin
– Using content aware to remove distractions
– Neat little trick in 60 sec video on “guided upright” in LR or PS
– Choosing a workshop
– Dorothea Lange
– Street photography winners Take the time to “View the Full Series.” These are very good examples of a body of work.
– Two New Nikon mirrorless cameras I am excited about this because I would really like a smaller, lighter, but fully capable camera AND be able to use my existing lenses. We will see what is on the table later this summer.
– Adobe alternatives without a subscription Some are very reasonably priced with a great array of features
– Don’t ask “is it good?” ask “did it succeed?”
– Vintage NYC in found photos
From Steve Oney:
– Apps for landscape photographers Some post processing aps but also: ephemeris, peak identifier, long exposure calculator. light pollution, weather, etc.
“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” – Anthony Robbins
“Concentrate on your motivation… and the thought of what about the scene made you stop to look.” – Richard K. Kaiser
“Who knows how many artists fail because the light that shines through them is defracted in a thousand directions and not concentrated in a single beam?” – Eric Maisel
– High speed flash sync
– 9 BW tips More thoughtful than usual
– Using camera calibration to control color
– Surrealist photographers
– Tips on Nikon settings Some are really neat, like how to save your settings to a card. I would expect that Canon et al. has similar options.
– Color look-up, especially “Crisp-warm” and using the color blend mode
– Introduction to Masks
– Lensbaby velvet lens I rarely do equipment, but I have the 85 mm version so I wanted to see how this experience compares with mine.
– Slow speed synch on flash
– Photographing gannets at the end of the world
Ancient live oak and house on Daufuskie Island, SC.
Posted in Links and Quotes |
Tagged birds, BW, color, color blend mode, color lookup tables, Daufuskie, equipment, flash, Links and Quotes, masks, monochome, New Zealand, Nikon, SC, surrealism, tips, wildlife |