Pilgrim leaves crowd the air with their falling every October. The journey is always the same.” — Linda Pastan
The ritual sadness of the season is more voluptuous than joy.” — Linda Pastan
Art is, or ought to be, a reliable refuge for idiosyncrasy in a society that increasingly views the idiosyncratic with suspicion.” — Colin Dabkowski
– Auto functions in PS that quickly and easily get your post processing started
– Select subject With the use of AI, this has become a really helpful tool.
– Wildfife photographer of the year winners
– Update on copyright issues
– Improving fall color
– Should landscape photographers explore?
– Blend long and short exposures to make the best long exposure images
– Examples of Noir photography
– Removing fringes from a tree after a sky swap
– 50 images of gritty NY in the 1970s
Stigma and anthers of Asian Lily.
From an exercise with friends.
Posted in Links and Quotes |
Tagged ACR, camera raw, color, copyright, film noir, Landscape, Lightroom, long exposure, multiple exposure, Select subject, selections, wildlife |
The choice of motivation is a fork in the road. … It changes the story we tell ourselves.” — Posted by Seth Godin on February 02, 2018
Photographs can be reduced to light, lines and moments. Everything else is derivative, a subcategory or effect of those three fundamentals.” — David duChemin
But the truth is, it’s not the idea, it’s never the idea, it’s always what you do with it.” — Neil Gaiman
– Understanding raw processors
– Fan Ho, BW master street photographer
– Working with layers in PS
– Part 2 of Mastering your craft: Overcoming obstacles to mastery
– Part 3 of Mastering your craft
– Getting your LR CC images back from the cloud
– The Kallitype process
– Accessories for macro photography
– Changing color in LR There are similar controls in Camera Raw if you use PS. It also seems you could do similar things with a color layer.
Catwoman waiting for you in the dark.
Posted in Links and Quotes |
Tagged BW, camera raw, color, Composition, David duChemin, Fan Ho, Kallitype, layers, Lightroom, macro, monochome, Photoshop, street photography |
A lot of our thinking is for bonding, not truth-seeking, so most of us are quite willing to think or say anything that will help us be liked by our group.” — David Brooks, Oct. 10, 2017, NY Times Op-Ed “The Art of Thinking Well”
Like all photographers, I depend on serendipity I pray for what might be referred to as the angel of chance.” — Sally Mann
I will never reach the end of this journey. I’ll never arrive at a point where others have nothing to teach me.” – David DuChemin
– Julianne gives a clear description of why you would prefer Lightroom Classic or CC
– Lightroom Classic is now the LR you are used to; Lightroom CC is strictly cloud-based
– New changes in Lightroom
– Photoshop updates by Adobe
– Photographing those who don’t want to be photographed
– Great photoshop composites
– Create vs Capture
– Controlling depth of field with focus stacking
– Color and luminance masking in CC2018 Camera Raw
– Dorothea Lange
From George Spicer:
– Y’all might like this free download from Jared Lloyd; 111 pages with lots of pictures
Sunrise over the marsh on Dewees Island, SC.
Ibis, wood stork and spoonbills in impoundment on Dewees Island, SC