“I have been obsessed for years with finding new projects to work on. … At times, I have purposely let go of that frame of mind and gone with, what I would tell myself, is the pleasure of just taking pictures. Sometimes it has worked out, sometimes it hasn’t.” — Alejandro Catagena
“While images are strong individually, the experience of reading the accompanying text is integral to shaping the overall meaning.” — Kelli Connell
“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts – such is the duty of the artist.” – Schumann
Photoessays/Bodies of Work
– American Bedroom
– Corona virus around the world
– Stephen Garza: Arriving 2020 One of the more interesting Corona related portfolios.
– Shapes and shadows of Scotland Very nice low key landscapes
– Injecting mood and emotion into your landscape images
– Lighting a portrait in Photoshop
– Fun with Bokeh
– Simple water drop photography
– Using Instagram to become a better photographer
– The most important lessons for your photography
Finally getting out of the “pandemic funk.” Made it out to Black Marsh on Friday in a light rain. One car in the parking lot; saw two people on the trail, but easy to physically distance. Parts of the trail were completely flooded, with water flowing from one side to the other. Trail leading to the marsh was very muddy in some parts.
Great blue heron on the Black Marsh Trail. Color graded with Teal-Orange LUT at 50%.
Columbine from the front yard.