“You think of photography as pictures — and it is. But I think of photography as ideas, and do the pictures sustain your ideas, or are they just good pictures? I’m not that interested in making more good pictures, I wanna have an experience in the world that is a deepening experience that makes me feel alive and awake and conscious, being an artist.” — Joel Meyerowitz
“Be unafraid of your imagination.” — Joe McNally in Creative Live
“Your camera is your passport into experiences.” -– Zack Arias in an interview with PhotoEditor (Jonathan Blaustein)
Photoessays/bodies of Work
– Ancient Forest/Ancient Trees Courtesy of Steve O.
– Coping with loss
– Leng Ung: Street photography in style of Fan Ho and Alan Schaller
– Split toning
– The power of selective color
– How to match colors when combining photos
– Manual processing a landscape focus stack
– Street photography during the pandemic in Melbourne, AU. He gives a constant narrative while shooting which is what I found interesting. Particularly asking people if he could take their picture. Warning: a lot of cursing that seems to be part of his normal vocabulary.
– Interview w/a NYC street photographer Some interesting discussion of ethics and street photography