Ooops. I published September 16 on September 9, but won’t change the dates, because the URL uses the title and I am not sure what will happen to the posting. Sorry for the confusion.
“For each of the artists, photography provides the jumping off point to create objects, prints, books, assemblages and poetry.” — Sal Taylor Kydd (LensScratch)
“Well you can’t teach the poetry, but you can teach the craft.” – David Hockney
“If the photographer is not a discoverer, then he is not an artist.” – Paul Strand
Photoessays/Bodies of Work
– Pretty good street photography from Turkey
– More street, this one is from the Netherlands
– Alan Schaller I think I have linked to his work before. He is worth following if you like great street photography. Thank you Steve O.
– Separate your subject from the background for more flexible editing
– How to select the background This was particularly helpful for your best work. Also some tricks from Select and Mask that I wasn’t aware of.
– Playing with Bokeh
– Julianne Kost with crop tool tricks
– Refraction photos: shooting through water drops and glass beads Thank you Steve O.
– Theory of Photography Perhaps a bit academic, but anyone serious about photography should be at least a little familiar with the people and ideas.
– Part II: Preparing for a portfolio review