“Photography offers so many different ways to tell a story.” — Fiona Struengmann in an interview with Cat Lachowskyj in Lens Culture
“Art does not reproduce the visible; rather, it makes visible.” – Paul Klee
“Creativity isn’t about wild talent as much as it’s about productivity. To find new ideas that work, you need to try a lot that don’t. It’s a pure numbers game.” — Robert Sutton
– Nature conservation and BW Photography
– Interesting approach to street photography
– The tripod ban in Zion
– One LR feature to turn off a second to turn on
– Enhance lighting in LR
– Photographing shorebirds
– Natural Light/Open Shade
Lighthouse on Prince Edward Island, Canada
Cabot Beach Provincial Park, Prince Edward Island, Canada. The area is known for its red sandstone beaches.
Summerside Lighthouse, long exposure, Summerside, Prince Edward Island, Canada.
“Creativity is always enhanced by a constraint. This is true in filmmaking, music, painting, writing and even photography.”
“Comfort is where art goes to die.”
“The best critiques I’ve seen are not about the image’s technical properties. The best critiques question why the photograph was created in the first place.”
— CJ Chilvers in A Lesser Photographer
– Therapeutic photography
– Photography and mental health
– Street photography This is an hour long video with Steve Simon on street photography. Worth the time.
– Interesting one light set up for portraits
– Printing your work can make you a better photographer
– Blending modes to control luminosity, hue and saturation
– Oregon Photo Odyssey
– A 12 week project photographing an eagle’s nest
– 7 Nikon tricks Nikon menu options for focusing you probably didn’t know were there
– Difficult removals in photoshop This is pretty good and is applicable to many different images
A young woman fiddling for a charitable cause. Baltimore Farmer’s Market, 4/23/17.
“There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment.” — Robert Frank
“There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don’t be bitter because you can’t record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!” – DeGriff
“Photography is a small voice, at best, but sometimes one photograph, or a group of them, can lure our sense of awareness.” – W. Eugene Smith
– Alfred Stiegelitz
– Ethical wildlife photography
– A photographer’s guide to Iceland
– The return of film?
– 10 tips for PS selections This is pretty good. Also the first time I saw someone using “Matting” in the Layer menu or “Calculations” in the Image menu.
– Criticism of modern “art” photography From Leo Charpentier
– Photography by the alphabet – Part 4
– Retouching with the brush and color blending mode
– Water portraits in the studio This looked like fun.
– Three quick, simple lighting techniques
“Democracy’s worst fault is that its leaders are likely to reflect the faults and virtues of their constituents.” — Robert A. Heinlein
“Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
“My photographs are a picture of the chaos in the world, and of my relationship to that chaos. My prints show the world’s constant upsetting of man’s equilibrium, and his eternal battle to reestablish it.” – Alfred Stieglitz
– Low key and High key lighting Excellent addition to Kenny’s program
– Advanced landscape techniques
– There is more in the crop tool than you probably knew
– Even more on the crop tool
– Content-aware crop
– Output module in Bridge
– Image sizes for social media
– Diane Arbus
– 52 Photo challenges for next year
A young woman stops to jot down some notes on the street in NY.