“I work in color sometimes, but I guess the images I most connect to, historically speaking, are in black and white. I see more in black and white – I like the abstraction of it.”
–- Mary Ellen Mark
“Basically there are informational photographs and emotional photographs. I don’t take informational photographs. I am not a journalist. I am an author. I am not interested in facts. I want a photograph you can take out of context and put on your wall to read like a poem.” —- Leonard Freed (Worldview, Steidl 2007)
“When I was a boy, I used to pretend my little bed was a one-man spaceship. It was a place to simultaneously explore my dreams and hide from the world. In some ways that’s how I now think of my camera.” —- Alec Soth
– How to cast a shadow in PS Creating believable shadows is important in composites, but also shows how to use gradients and other effects.
– How to remove a color cast from your images
– Change a daylight image to night
– Adding a pattern or logo Neat technique that may be good for street as well as commercial work.
– Transform panel in LR: Correcting perspective of your images