There is often a huge difference between an idea and its realization. I’ve had what I thought were great ideas that just didn’t work.“ – Andy Goldsworthy
If you do not express your own original ideas, if you do not listen to your own being, you will have betrayed yourself.” – Rollo May
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.” — Andy Warhol
– Peter Souza photographing Pres. Obama
– Celebrate what’s right with the world! Inspiring, humorous and definitely worth watching!
– Black Moshannon State Park – landscape opportunities in Pennsylvania
– Shooting for black and white
– 10 tips on macro
– The Briscoe light technique
– Pilgrim: David duChemin’s images from the pilgrimage at Lalibela
– Interesting video of a rising star in wildlife photography Directed by John Ford; English subtitles
– Really interesting story about Robert Capa and Gerda Taro, the first female war photographer to die in the field
From Jon Meyer
– The Hasselblad Masters
Iris leaves after freezing rain.
Posted in Links and Quotes |
Tagged Bagshaw, Briscoe, BW, Creativity, David duChemin, Ethiopia, Inspiration, Lalibela, macro, masters, monochome, Pennsylvania, pilgrimage, Robert Capa, war photojournalism, wildlife |
The capacity for delight is the gift of paying attention.” — Julia Margaret Cameron
I do not document anything, I give an interpretation.” – Andre Kertesz
What matters is not what you photograph, but why and how you photograph it. Even the most controversial subject, if depicted by a sensitive photographer with honesty, sympathy, and understanding, can be transformed into an emotionally rewarding experience.” – Andreas Feininger
– Look and see
– Guide to winter photos
– A neat photo-challenge with lots of good example images
– Renaming and moving files in LR One of the main reasons I have resisted LR is that moving files and creating folders was a problem in LR. Apparently that is now addressed. Best video I have seen on organizing, moving, naming and deleting files in LR.
– Macro studio closeups
– Best photographs of 2017 – Multiple sources and categories
– Blending modes
– 10 good tips for birds at the beach
– Travel tips
From Larry Fogelson:
– Local blogger wins award for using photos to illustrate life in Baltimore
“Patience is allowing yourself longer than you thought it could possibly take to master your craft.” — David duChemim
“I have accepted influences but I think I have always known ow to dominate them.” — Matisse, quoted by Robert Adams in Beauty in Photography
“Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” — Rumi
– Surrealism in street photography Fascinating article. I do some surrealism and street, but never made the connection.
– Ethereal monochrome
– Composition: line of sight of your subjects
– Medium format monochrome only back This is a review of a $50K medium format back, but there is a lot about how sensors work, resolution and spectral sensitivity.
– Use Image Processor in PS to resize multiple images
– Image splitter: making big images with small printers
– Dream big!
– How to brighten up portraits
– 5 ways to be more creative
The goddess contemplates the gold she has lifted from the earth as her counselor makes a point. The counselor is from a Giacometti sculpture, the goddess is Water-Moon Guaynin and the gold post were all from the BMA.