“Novice photographers . . . who react to a photograph with ‘I would have done it differently’ miss the chance to learn from this more useful question: ‘I wonder why that much more seasoned photographer made that particular choice?'” — David DuChemin
“He captures light by painting its slow diminishment…” — Linda Pastan
“No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
Or wise man can decide
What’s right for you — just listen to
The voice that speaks inside.” — Shel Silverstein
Photoessays/Bodies of Work
– Albarran Cabrera Interesting images done with alternative techniques.
– Comedy wildlife photo awards Make time for this one just because it’s fun.
– Eve Arnold, Berenice Abbott and Robert Adams
– The very beginning of photography Really well done, and explains the egos, financial stakes and convergence of methods.
– Two landscape photographers who transport their viewers with their images