“Your photography is a record of your living, for anyone who really sees.” — Paul Strand
Results are uncertain even among the more experienced photographers. — Matthew Brady
There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are. — Ernst Haas
– More than snaphots and postcards
– Foregrounds in focus
– Paul Roark His work is very good (the best BW photographer you never heard of) and worth a visit to his website as well.
– Avoid distracting backgrounds in street photography
– Getting great maternity images
– Soulful pictures of sanctuary animals
– Hidden wetlands
– Saul Leiter’s pioneering color work
– Interview with curator of Sally Mann’s Thousand Crossings exhibit The exhibit at the National Gallery closed May 28, 2018.
– A list of NGA holdings of Sally Mann including 16 images from Thousand Crossings and a short video of her photographing dancer Bill T. Jones