“Ideas, bread and books are all the same–they’re better when they’re shared.” — Seth Godin
“Staring out the window to me is very constructive time. I bounce off the walls of my imagination and, every once in while an idea gets dreamed up that actually becomes a picture.” — Joe McNally
” . . . photography is a craft that requires experimentation, risk and growth, and that getting better at photography is a journey that never ends.” – Chris Orwig
Photoessays/Bodies of Work
– Single tree photos Courtesy Steve O.
– 15 photographers reveal what is hidden in their work
– Interesting color street photography from India
– New selection and gradient tools in PS
– Six new features in Photoshop 2020
– 20 New features in Photoshop 2020
– Amy Touchette: Developing a career and approach to street photography
– All of the basics for street photography
– How to write your artist’s statment
– How to fine-tune your artist statement
Adirondack Lake in the early morning fog. Oct. 9.
Two boats, early Adirondack morning.
“Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.” — Dorothea Lange
“The camera is an excuse to be someplace you otherwise don’t belong. It gives me both a point of connection and a point of separation.” — Susan Meiselas
“Well, I try my best
To be just like I am
But everybody wants you
To be just like them” — Bob Dylan (Maggie’s Farm)
– Photography as therapy
– Motion Blur
– Marc Muench: Wildlife in the landscape Marc is always worth following
– Sensor cleaning
– The stages of becoming a photographer
– New York City from a German perspective
– TSA now checking cameras as well as devices larger than a cell phone
– Use flash to control the light
– Pet photography
– A landscape photographer’s bucket list
Sunday Farmer’s Market in Baltimore right off Pleasant Street exit from I-83. Two hours free parking nearby. Huge selection of fruits, vegetables, baked goods, live plants, flowers…..