“I became wary of simple interpretations that assumed fixed and final meanings.” – John Pfahl
“Great photography is always on the edge of failure.” – Garry Winogrand
“My photographs are not pure: they are a seething wealth of imperfection.” – Frederick Sommer
– Nocturnal New York
– Urban Nature
– Greek self-portraits
– Julia Fullerton-Batten: Old Father Thames Great story-telling and very natural implementation
– How to fix the glitches in the first release of PS 20202
– Black and white conversions using calculations
– High contrast BW
– Creating a depth map in PS 2020 and blurring the background with lens blur This is a lot of work, but may be worth it for some photos where a blurry background really improves the image.
– Shooting motocross
– TED talks by 24 famous photographers
– Overcoming creative burnout
Green snake. Black Marsh Trail, North Point State Park.
“Ideas, bread and books are all the same–they’re better when they’re shared.” — Seth Godin
“Staring out the window to me is very constructive time. I bounce off the walls of my imagination and, every once in while an idea gets dreamed up that actually becomes a picture.” — Joe McNally
” . . . photography is a craft that requires experimentation, risk and growth, and that getting better at photography is a journey that never ends.” – Chris Orwig
Photoessays/Bodies of Work
– Single tree photos Courtesy Steve O.
– 15 photographers reveal what is hidden in their work
– Interesting color street photography from India
– New selection and gradient tools in PS
– Six new features in Photoshop 2020
– 20 New features in Photoshop 2020
– Amy Touchette: Developing a career and approach to street photography
– All of the basics for street photography
– How to write your artist’s statment
– How to fine-tune your artist statement
Adirondack Lake in the early morning fog. Oct. 9.
Two boats, early Adirondack morning.