“In large measure becoming an artist consists of learning to accept yourself, which makes your work personal, and in following your own voice, which makes your work distinctive.” — David Bayles and Ted Orland in Art & Fear
“I have reached the point where the craft is sufficient to the purpose, or at least attainable, but the purpose to which I will apply that craft is proving more elusive.” — Richard Eskin
“Photography can light up darkness and expose ignorance.” – Lewis Hine
– We have probably all felt this way at some time
– Photographing wildlife at rescue shelters
– Make it not take it!
– Best solar eclipse images
– Proper behavior around wildlife
– 2017 MacArthur Award winning photographer Dawoud Bey
URLs courtesy of Steve Oney
– Nikon Small World winners Some of these images are amazing.
– Monochrome images of national parks Some of these are quite good and some are taken with the Leica M Monchrom camera that is only BW.
– 50 great BW photographs A good way to take better photographs is to look at good photographs. Also links to previous lists. How many names do you recognize?
– Processing a Faroe Island image Learn something about BW from Cole Thompson.
Images from my recent workshop on #Dewees Island, SC with National Geographic Photographer Peter Essick.