“Definitions belong to the definers, not the defined.” — Toni Morrison
“You don’t need to explain yourself. Shoot what makes you happy.” — Sean Tucker
“Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph.” — Matt Hardy
Photoessays/Bodies of Work
– Ruth Orkin
– Changing day to night in PS One more lesson on Lighting Effects
– Removing shadows
– Double exposure effect
– When to use PS over LR
– Photoshop layers for beginners
– Camera settings for wildlife photography
– Getting started with landscape photography
– Using lace as a GOBO for creative portraits
– The beauty of platinum/palladium prints Tillman Crane uses a hybrid process taking digital images with a medium format camera but printing Pt/Pd in the darkroom.
Clematis. 200 mm macro in mornng sun.
Tiny mushrooms. 200 mm micro lens with 74.5 mm extension.
“The choice of motivation is a fork in the road. … It changes the story we tell ourselves.” — Posted by Seth Godin on February 02, 2018
“Photographs can be reduced to light, lines and moments. Everything else is derivative, a subcategory or effect of those three fundamentals.” — David duChemin
“But the truth is, it’s not the idea, it’s never the idea, it’s always what you do with it.” — Neil Gaiman
– Understanding raw processors
– Fan Ho, BW master street photographer
– Working with layers in PS
– Part 2 of Mastering your craft: Overcoming obstacles to mastery
– Part 3 of Mastering your craft
– Getting your LR CC images back from the cloud
– The Kallitype process
– Accessories for macro photography
– Changing color in LR There are similar controls in Camera Raw if you use PS. It also seems you could do similar things with a color layer.
Catwoman waiting for you in the dark.