“Success to me is being a good person, treating people well.” – David LaChapelle
“Mysteries lie all around us, even in the most familiar things, waiting only to be perceived.” – Wynn Bullock
“You are responsible for every part of your image, even the parts you’re not interested in.” – Jay Maisel
Photoessays/Bodies of Work
– This body of work is titled “Wild Spirits,” but I don’t really see that in the work. It is a somewhat dream-like portrayal of the less developed areas of the south; Ossabaw Island in SC being specifically mentioned.
– How six women photojournalists shaped photography
– Quick and easy way to copy dimensions and resolution from one image to another 90 second video
– Filling in hair gaps using the Lighten blend mode Blend modes are one of the advantages off Photoshop over Lightroom
– Sharpening with the High Pass Filter in PS 4.5 minute video. One of the easiest to follow explanations of this I have seen. Only issue for me is that she said the image was a bit noisy, and I would have reduced luminance noise before sharpening so you don’t sharpen the noise as well.
– How to add a texture to an image, apply it to only part of the image, but keep the color background on the whole image
– Understanding how Lightroom synchs to the cloud
– Simplified color correction
In the heat of the last week and a half, I have been thinking back to a trip to the Canadian Maritimes and remembering that it was a lot cooler up there.