“I believe in wonder and look for it every day.” – Keith Carter
“Sometimes nature seems more beautiful than strictly necessary…” — Steven Weinberg
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten,
And in greet underwood and cover
Blossom by blossom the spring begins.
— Swinburne (Atlanta in Calydon)
– General tips for difficult situations
– Photo Assignment Red; Color Palettes
– More on selections
– Expose for the highlights
– Willem Wersen, Street Photography
– Natural History Videography This one is a little outside what I generally include, but I have met Clay Bolt, this is an interesting story, and it was recently in the news because it is the first time a bee has been listed as endangered.
– More compositing techniques
Longwood Gardens, March 24, 2017. Aloe (Halathia) processed in NIK with Brilliance and Warmth, and Tonal Contrast.
“We are only trying to tell a story. Let the 17th-century painters worry about the effects. We’ve got to tell it now, let the news in, show the hungry face, the broken land, anything so that those who are comfortable may be moved a little.” — David Seymour (Chim); David Seymour will be the subject of Tom Beck’s presentation on March 9
“Anyone can shoot chaos. But the most perceptive photographers can make compelling pictures out of uninteresting moments.” – Alex Tehrani
“We are making photographs to understand what our lives mean to us.” — Ralph Hattersley
– Developing a Portfolio
– Best presentation on color I have seen
– Psychology of color– Using adjustments on a Smart Object preserves future editing Pretty cool – I didn’t know you could do this.
– Quick sky adjustments in LR
– Beating the Creative Rut
– DIY light tent for close-ups and products
– Adding stars to a night sky
– Medium Format Landscape Photography
Ma’kayla Hall; taken at Graffiti Warehouse 2/11/17