“Christmas marks the time when the light starts to come back.” — Heather Cox Richardson
“I believe in wonder and look for it every day.” –- Keith Carter
“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” – Antoine de Saint Exupery
Photoessays/Bodies of Work
– Night street photography from Norway
– France’s forgotten towns A fairly complete survey of architecture throughout France. Although only a few images are shown at this link, there is a link to many more. The images are documentary rather than creative, but still worthwhile.
– Forest Finns I found the explanation of the approach more interestng than the images, but some of the images are exceptional.
– Exposure bracket vs ETTR (expose to the right)
– Long-exposure landscape photography
– A poetic approach to woodland photography This can be really complimentary to the principles of composition.
– 6 things to photograph before you die
– Japanese Photographer Nobuyoshi Araki Warning: some nudity, but also tremendous creativity and variety. Also self-exploration.
– 30 new images from Hubble on its 30th birthday With commentary by NASA scientists