“I think that every photographer should try lots of different kinds of photography, and then listen deep down to what feels right; what’s really resonating within them.” — Alec Soth
“I found I could say things with colors that I couldn’t say in any other way – things that I had no words for.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
“Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.” – Edgar Degas
Photoessays/Bodies of Work
– Nowhere to go but everywhere Ken Kesey family style.
– Japanese Torii These are really wonderful!
– Stephen Bierkman: Predicting the past Some really good fantasy/surreal composites.
– Pre-visualization and the editing process in Capture 1
– Using the Linear Light blend mode to bring out detail in your images
– Changing specific colors in PS This is largely about masks and selections.
– Shooting and processing winter landscapes
– Japanese photographer Moriyama Daido But also a good explanation of wabi-sabi and Ukiyo-e. Thank you Steve O.
– Roger the Rat Absolutely the most bizarre and surrealistic photography I have ever seen.