“I think it was Chase Jarvis from whom I first heard the idea that “it’s called artwork, not artf*ckingaround.” I like that. To see my art as work has given me new perspective. I have stopped assuming that it’s an ad hoc activity, done just when I feel like it, I’ve embraced discipline, I’ve started seeing it as something important, if only to me. And, my art has become better.” — David duChemin, Facebook post.
“The enemy of photography is the convention, the fixed rules of ‘how to do’. The salvation of photography comes from the experiment.” — Laszlo Moholy-Nagy
“My aim is to find and catch the storytelling moment”. – Alfred Eisenstadt
– Backyard Bird Photography
– Judging the Audubon photo contest
– 5 ways to speed up Lightroom
– Time blending in Photoshop
– Wildlife photography in Katmai National Park I had no idea that Katmai was volcanic in origin.
– Add perspective to your images
– “Re-lighting” your images in LR (or PS)
– Fill and opacity have different effects on certain blend modes
From Steve Oney:
– National Portrait Gallery: The Sweat of Their Face