“Criticism’s job is to clarify art’s mystery without destroying it.” — Robert Adams, Beauty in Photography
“An expanding mindfulness of visual language gives me new ways to express myself, even if I am never understood.” — David duChemin, in The Soul of the Camera
“Photography, like writing, is about storytelling. Pens and cameras are merely the tools we use to bring self-expression to life. If you have nothing to say, you images will reflect that. It’s important to build your own narrative through exploration, learning and diverse experiences that enrich your storytelling.” — Claire Rosen, Imaginarium
– 7 Wildlife techniques
– Julianne Kost edits three images from Tasmania in detail This is as helpful for what she does as how she does it.
– Get out of a creative rut
– Becoming an international freelance photographer
– Use content aware scale to change aspect ratio of image
– Interesting photo essay about street people in Poughkeepsie
– Guides to BW photography Excellent profiles of 7 noteworthy BW photographers, including Kenna and Uelsmann and several techniques profiles
– Embed these concepts into your workflow
– Use multiple exposures to reduce image noise
From Steve Oney:
– Comparison of 10 photoshop alternatives If you haven’t committed to Adobe, several of these are much better than not processing your images at all or using the manufacturer’s software.
– NIK Fans: run NIK standalone