– FREE Photoshop Summit, November 9-13 with some of the best Photoshop experts and trainers
“Picking up a camera to enjoy this craft obliges you to no code, and it makes you responsible to no one more than you were the moment before you decided to start making photographs. This is not a secret brotherhood. It’s not the Sisterhood of the Traveling Photo Vest. So be suspicious when the guy who’s been photographing for all of five years prescribes for you the same path he took; you’re probably going different places.” — David duChemin
“Specialization is not a badge of honour; you don’t get bragging rights. You get the possibility of intimacy and experience, and eyes that will see things the less experienced eye will never notice.” — David duChemin
“The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don’t go back to sleep.” — Rumi
Photoessays/Bodies of Work
– Spiros Loukipoulos
– Pencil sketch effect to reality Cool effect!
– Storytelling with photography
– Short video on flowers in UV More interesting than flowers in IR
– The history of cameras in space
– Turning space images into sound Really cool!
– How to sell your camera gear
– More than just a photograph Take the time to appreciate where you are and what you are experiencing. Read the comments after the video as well.
– Sean Tucker on Tish Murtha
Just before sunrise over the marsh at Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge, VA.
Then I shot down to the beach at Tom’s Cove to catch the sunrise.
This looks like it might be a long exposure, but I actually used “statistics” to take the median of 7 images.
Same 7 images, but took the mean.
Salt marsh from the bridge at the entrance to the Refuge.
A snowy egret and cormorant sharing a moment.