“The choice of motivation is a fork in the road. … It changes the story we tell ourselves.” — Posted by Seth Godin on February 02, 2018
“Photographs can be reduced to light, lines and moments. Everything else is derivative, a subcategory or effect of those three fundamentals.” — David duChemin
“But the truth is, it’s not the idea, it’s never the idea, it’s always what you do with it.” — Neil Gaiman
– Understanding raw processors
– Fan Ho, BW master street photographer
– Working with layers in PS
– Part 2 of Mastering your craft: Overcoming obstacles to mastery
– Part 3 of Mastering your craft
– Getting your LR CC images back from the cloud
– The Kallitype process
– Accessories for macro photography
– Changing color in LR There are similar controls in Camera Raw if you use PS. It also seems you could do similar things with a color layer.
Catwoman waiting for you in the dark.
“Begin. With the humility of someone who’s not sure, and the excitement of someone who knows that it’s possible.” Posted by Seth Godin on January 25, 2018
“Can anything be sadder than work left unfinished? Yes, work never begun.” – Christina Rossetti
“…how extraordinary the commonplace world can be–miracles can come from it.” — Robert Adams
– Photographic “Portals”
– Save paper and ink, soft proof before printing!
– One click selection in PS and defringing with decontaminate colors Really helpful video if you use selections
– TEDx: Two views in documentary photography
– Photo blinds
– Barriers to mastering your craft
– Clarification on Zion tripod ban
– Optimizing a PC for LR
From Harry Bosk:
– New copyright rules make registration more expensive for more than 750 images at a time but there are positives too:
– Infringement now applies for each image
Petrified Forest National Park, Nizhoni Point Overlook. Taken during an artist residency in 2012.