“If the white herons had no voice, they would be lost in the snow.” — Chivo
“I am attracted to seemingly “unfinished” works, that are not so full of information that there’s little or no room for the viewer, for audience participation. When I’m not invited to participate I begin to feel disconnected, no matter how awesome the artwork or the artist’s genius might be.” — Michael Kenna
“I write in order to express what the photo itself cannot say. A photograph of my father doesn’t tell me what I thought of him, which for me is much more important than what the man looked like.” – Duane Michals
Photoessays/Bodies of Work
– Books where photos and text complement and enhance each other
– Photographs that defined 1969
– Reducing noise by getting the mean of multiple images Doesn’t work if there is movement in the subject
– Two ways to access content aware fill to remove distractions
– Get rich skin tones in PS
– Simple ways to color grade 30 minute video that covers muliple ways to adjust color and tonal values including HSL, curves, gradients, dodging and burning and more.
– Valley of the Gods Sounds like an interesting location
– Why little birds attack big birds Not strictly photography, but any nature photographer has probably seen this happen. Here’s the explanation.
– The state of the camera/film industry From Tom F. Only Sony posted gains in profit and growth this year. The SLR/Pro camera market is rapidly becoming a niche industry.
– Why are camera lenses so expensive Includes two short, but fascinating videos, one on making a Nikon lens and the second Fuji.
Egret. Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge[/caption]