“The intentionality of being present in the moment is a core component of street photography that resonates strongly…” — Laura Staugitis of Dimpy Bhalotia in Adobe Create
“I want my photographs to serve as an invitation to explore what is hidden, not what is shown.” — Lise Sarfati
“Practice the art of stillness. . . . When entering a situation where I will be photographing a person or an intimate situation I take a moment to look around, to be still. I want to be present and available. I want the individual to know that there is no place I’d rather be, that I am interested in them, their story, their plight. It not only has helped them to relax, as much as possible, but I feel more comfortable as well.” — Joanna Pinneo
Photo essays/Bodies of Work
– Emil Gataullin: Russian countryside These are varied, but some are interesting.
– Howard Lewis: Kinetic Solitude
– Really good street photography
– Create an “evil” red/green color toning
– 10 simple tips in photoshop
– Focus stacking landscapes
– The visual personality of the street
– Cleaning your camera and tripod
– Dog/Owl friendship These are just fun.
– 3 different takes on equipment for nature photography Just 2 minutes and just for fun.
Harbor East, Baltimore, MD
“Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.” — Dorothea Lange
“The camera is an excuse to be someplace you otherwise don’t belong. It gives me both a point of connection and a point of separation.” — Susan Meiselas
“Well, I try my best
To be just like I am
But everybody wants you
To be just like them” — Bob Dylan (Maggie’s Farm)
– Photography as therapy
– Motion Blur
– Marc Muench: Wildlife in the landscape Marc is always worth following
– Sensor cleaning
– The stages of becoming a photographer
– New York City from a German perspective
– TSA now checking cameras as well as devices larger than a cell phone
– Use flash to control the light
– Pet photography
– A landscape photographer’s bucket list
Sunday Farmer’s Market in Baltimore right off Pleasant Street exit from I-83. Two hours free parking nearby. Huge selection of fruits, vegetables, baked goods, live plants, flowers…..