“I just don’t like having to ask anyone for anything in terms of finances. I don’t like having to wait for someone to approve where I can get my idea off… Like, if I want to make an album and I want an orchestra, I’m gonna figure out how to do that. I don’t want to wait around for people to greenlight my creativity.” — Fatimah Warner (rapper Noname) From an article in The Fader by Rawiya Kameir
“He realized that 25 years does something to a picture: ‘A photograph that was candid or simple at the time all of the sudden has a completely different relevance,’ he said. The time in between gives you more than emotional distance, it refreshes the image. ‘We don’t have to overthink the pictures, we just have to give them time.‘” — Mario Sorrenti in an article about his images of Kate Moss
“Your work can struggle to fit in. Or you can do the hard work of having it stand out.” — Seth Godin, September 27, 2018
– Your photographic legacy: What happens to your images when you die?
– Magic wand vs quick selection tools in PS
– When to share photos Another insightful article from Julianne Kost.
– Artistic filters in PS
– Very interesting photo essay from a culture and location that is virtually unexplored
– Creative fall impressions
– More techniques for fall photography
– Reasons not to upgrade to that new mirrorless
– Try different approaches to conventional scenes
– Who shot the Colin Kaepernick image for Nike?
From George Spicer:
– Digital backs for film cameras