“Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.” — Dorothea Lange
“The camera is an excuse to be someplace you otherwise don’t belong. It gives me both a point of connection and a point of separation.” — Susan Meiselas
“Well, I try my best
To be just like I am
But everybody wants you
To be just like them” — Bob Dylan (Maggie’s Farm)
– Photography as therapy
– Motion Blur
– Marc Muench: Wildlife in the landscape Marc is always worth following
– Sensor cleaning
– The stages of becoming a photographer
– New York City from a German perspective
– TSA now checking cameras as well as devices larger than a cell phone
– Use flash to control the light
– Pet photography
– A landscape photographer’s bucket list
Sunday Farmer’s Market in Baltimore right off Pleasant Street exit from I-83. Two hours free parking nearby. Huge selection of fruits, vegetables, baked goods, live plants, flowers…..
“You’re better than you think you are.” — Seth Godin on June 30, 2017
“I will not be just a tourist in the world of images, just watching images passing by which I cannot live in, make love to, possess as permanent sources of joy and ecstasy.” — Anais Nin
– Great wildlife photographer Nick Nichols at the Phila. Museum of Art Courtesy of Steve Oney
– Photo essay: The apple pickers of Yakima County
– Zoom vs prime: a detailed assessment of considerations
– Art of photography assignment on “still life”
– Adding a magical glow in PS Uses some aspects of color select that I never noticed before
– Places to photograph in NYC
– Full frame vs crop sensor
– A dog is his muse Short piece, neat story with Instragram link if you want more. Click on the “Nikita” link if you need a happy dog story.
– Sources of creative inspiration
Several Tibetan monks came to Baltimore in early May. They were hosted at the yoga studio on Falls Road behind the Ivy bookstore. Public was welcome to watch and shoot for a small donation. I went twice, but did not make it back for the destruction of the mandala. Amazing skill and patience, beautiful colors.
Tibetan Monk making a sand mandala.
Making a sand mandala