“Begin. With the humility of someone who’s not sure, and the excitement of someone who knows that it’s possible.” Posted by Seth Godin on January 25, 2018
“Can anything be sadder than work left unfinished? Yes, work never begun.” – Christina Rossetti
“…how extraordinary the commonplace world can be–miracles can come from it.” — Robert Adams
– Photographic “Portals”
– Save paper and ink, soft proof before printing!
– One click selection in PS and defringing with decontaminate colors Really helpful video if you use selections
– TEDx: Two views in documentary photography
– Photo blinds
– Barriers to mastering your craft
– Clarification on Zion tripod ban
– Optimizing a PC for LR
From Harry Bosk:
– New copyright rules make registration more expensive for more than 750 images at a time but there are positives too:
– Infringement now applies for each image
Petrified Forest National Park, Nizhoni Point Overlook. Taken during an artist residency in 2012.
“Paint the spirit of the bird in flight, not its feathers.” — Robert Henri
“I always say that photography’s closest cousin is poetry because of the way it sparks your imagination and leaves gaps for the viewer to fill in.” — Alec Soth
“The people that I photographed allowed me to photograph them because they didn’t want to be alone, and the truth is I didn’t want to be alone making the pictures.” — Alec Soth
– The Appeal of black and white photography
– 5 Cool films (Film??!!)
– Some simple composition tips
– Life cycles approach to nature photography: Part I
– Part 2
– Photojournalism: Portraits in the Field Long video
– 3 Macs vs PC comparison iMacPro, MacPro, MacBook, Alienware
– Photographing a LUNAR eclipse
– 12 East Coast locations
– Alec Soth’s “Sleeping by the Mississippi – 13 years later
New Feature: Portfolios
On occasion, I will include websites or portfolios of photographers whose work I find interesting.
Taken at the “Cascade” in the Avalon section of Patapsco State Park.
“Be unafraid of your imagination.” — Joe McNally
“I just think it’s important to be direct and honest with people about why you’re photographing them and what you’re doing. After all, you are taking some of their soul.” – Mary Ellen Mark
“I wanted my vision to be just that, my personal vision. Photography is a great way to express your emotions and I think the best work comes from deep inside.” – Sarah Hadley
– 10 photographers who have defined fine art photography
– Lightroom camera calibration and import presets
– Tasmania This is a photo location you don’t hear much about. The pix are pretty good too.
– Possible customs complications for photographers
– PC vs Mac: The perennial question
– Seeing art in automobiles
– Upgrade monitor calibration
– Enjoy your time in the field
– Photographer shot and killed for his gear at sightseeing location on west coast
– Nomad photographers I can dream.
Young woman walking in the surf at Calvert Cliffs Beach in Maryland.