“It has been liberating to allow myself to make work that is “really bad” without judging myself for it and without abandoning the journey.” — Claire Rosen in Imaginarium
“Successful art rediscovers Beauty for us.” — Robert Adams in Beauty in Photography
“What’s the best expression of that subject? That is exactly the question we try to answer: a question that can ultimately only be answered by our vision.” — David duChemin in The Soul of the Camera
– William Neill retrospective
– Adding realistic text to an object Uses several techniques including displacment map, bevel and emboss, clipping layers and smart filters/objects to make the text interact with the texture and color of a book cover.
– Adding noise creatively
– Jerry Uelsmann
– Looking at the work of painters can lead to new ways of seeing photographically
– Getting stuff done This is not only applicable to photography
– Assignment 14: Food photography
– Weegee Weegee was a famous photojournalist that is worth knowing about.
– Masking, gradients, collaging Good video at a slow pace to explain how to combine and blend images.
– Easter eggs (hidden options) in Photoshop