“In front of the lens, I am at the same time: the one I think I am, the one I want otherws to think I am, the one the photographer thinks I am, and the one he makes use of to exhibit his art.” — Roland Barthes
“Light acts like a language.” — Lise Sarfati
“… photography functions more like poetry and, like contemporary poetry, is usually free-verse in nature. There are no standards for beginning, middle, and end. It is up to each photographer to create her own structure.” — Alec Soth
Photoessays/Bodies of Work
– Tunisian street photography Interesting lighting and use of silhouettes.
– Scientist/Street Photographer
– Icons of activism
– Blur the background with perspective
– Using brushes to modify backgrounds
– A very complete and detailed article on focus stacking for macro photography
– Directing the eye with radial gradients
– Impact of Covid-19 on the photography industry
– Why your images aren’t winning contests Insightful thoughts from someone who has assisted and managed contests.
Only one picture this week. I’m struggling a bit with a lack of creative juices. I hope it isn’t contagious. Can’t really travel to get out of it either. It will pass eventually. Stay well and keep shooting. Hopefully some of these links will give you inspiration.
Oh, by the way, I updated the version of php this blog is running on and it should be a bit faster. Let me know if you see a difference.
I couldn’t believe how crowded it was at North Point State Park yesterday. This is part of an ongoing project for “Winter Marsh.”