Art Is Not About Understanding. Or Mastery. It is about doing and experience.” — Jerry Saltz
Hide secrets in your work.” — Jerry Saltz
Never just say, “You tell me what it is.” That’s pompous bullshit. When it comes to your work, you’re the best authority there is.” — Jerry Saltz
– How to be an artist Article by Jerry Saltz. Anyone who feels reluctant to go their own way or share what they have done should read this article. Anyone who is in a rut should also read this.
– Fix skin tones in one minute
– Lightroom brush tip
– A project on ancestry that also reveals a simple way of life Photo essay about a Russian woman’s roots in a small hunting village in the Russian taiga.
– Svetlana: A very special place where people with disabilities are just part of the community.
– Photographing birds in flight
– Putting texture in text
– Portrait lighting with LEDs
– How photography helps an autistic 5 year old understand the world
Still feeling a bit nostaligic about my time out west during and between artist residencies. Pueblo ruins from the Antelope Canyon overlook.
This is the Long House Pueblo at Mesa Verde.
Posted in Links and Quotes |
Tagged adjustment brush, Art, autism, birds, Creativity, culture or social photography, LEDs, lighting, Lightroom, nature photography, panoramas, Photo essay, Photoshop, portrait, selective color, skin tones, wildlife |
Reality-based reality: It’s ever easier to weave our own reality … . We can invent our own rules, create our own theories, fabricate our own ‘facts’. It turns out, though, that when your reality is based on actual reality, it’s a lot more stable and resilient, because you don’t have to be so vigilant about what you’re going to filter out.” — Seth Godin, 8/7/18
Photography extends our perception allowing us to see and experience more – second hand.” –- John Paul Caponigro
If you try to corral or cage the photographic process, it will thumb it’s nose at you. The trick is just to flow with it and stop it when a moment of discovery has met inspiration.” — Paul Caponigro
– All about levels, including manipulating colors
– Forever Y: A Photo Essay about Gen Y
– Mirrorless cameras There are many more differences between mirrorless and DSLRs than just the absence of a mirror.
– Less well known photo opportunities in Utah
– Proper backup work flow
– Neat tips from Matt K on using the adjustment brush in LR and ACR
– Mission: Monochrome
From Steve Oney:
– Nature photography hot spots in Florida
– 16 Inspiring Photographers
High wheel bike race on Saturday, 8/11/18 in Frederick, MD. Check out the expressions of determination. It was a very hot day.
High Wheel Bike Race on Saturday 8/11/18 in Frederick, MD. Spin blur was added to the wheels on two images.
Posted in Links and Quotes |
Tagged adjustment brush, BW, composites, DAM, Florida, Landscape, Lightroom, mirrorless, Monochrome, nature photography, Photoshop, Utah |