“You find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.” -– Winnie the Pooh, “The House at Pooh Corner” (A.A. Milne)
“Originality thrives in seclusion, free of outside influences beating upon us to cripple the creative mind. Be alone — that is the secret of invention: be alone, that is when ideas are born.” -– Nikola Tesla
“… procrastination is simply fear of failure in disguise.” — Anon.
Photoessays/Bodies of Work
– Quinn A very interesting project approach
– Fisherwomen Another interesting, multi-faceted study with deep preparation. I particularly liked the hand portraits.
– Someone’s daughter About women in the criminal justice system.
– Ellen Jantzen: Midwest Dreaming Interesting images and use of color
– Judith Joy Ross: Portrait photographer
– Protest photography