“I believe in wonder and look for it every day.” – Keith Carter
“Sometimes nature seems more beautiful than strictly necessary…” — Steven Weinberg
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten,
And in greet underwood and cover
Blossom by blossom the spring begins.
— Swinburne (Atlanta in Calydon)
– General tips for difficult situations
– Photo Assignment Red; Color Palettes
– More on selections
– Expose for the highlights
– Willem Wersen, Street Photography
– Natural History Videography This one is a little outside what I generally include, but I have met Clay Bolt, this is an interesting story, and it was recently in the news because it is the first time a bee has been listed as endangered.
– More compositing techniques
Longwood Gardens, March 24, 2017. Aloe (Halathia) processed in NIK with Brilliance and Warmth, and Tonal Contrast.
“There is one thing the photograph must contain, the humanity of the moment.” — Robert Frank
“There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don’t be bitter because you can’t record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!” – DeGriff
“Photography is a small voice, at best, but sometimes one photograph, or a group of them, can lure our sense of awareness.” – W. Eugene Smith
– Alfred Stiegelitz
– Ethical wildlife photography
– A photographer’s guide to Iceland
– The return of film?
– 10 tips for PS selections This is pretty good. Also the first time I saw someone using “Matting” in the Layer menu or “Calculations” in the Image menu.
– Criticism of modern “art” photography From Leo Charpentier
– Photography by the alphabet – Part 4
– Retouching with the brush and color blending mode
– Water portraits in the studio This looked like fun.
– Three quick, simple lighting techniques
Lazy but talented
That’s most of us.
You can work really hard to get a little more talented.
And you can also work to get a little less lazy.
It turns out that getting less lazy, more brave—more clear about your fears, your work and your mission—are all easier than getting more talented. — Posted by Seth Godin on March 05, 2017
“And as we let our own light shine we unconsciously give other people the permission to do the same.” – Marianne Williamson
“How did a creative art form end up so bound up in its own rules that we all feel an ingrained need to comply with them? How did we come to value perfectionism above creative expression?” — Janet Broughton, Perfectionism vs Creativity: Letting Go of the Need to Conform
– Photographing the Iditarod
– Climbing Out of a Creativity Rut
– Quality of Light
– Photo-tips Part II
– Don’t get modern art: this may help
– Comparison of Bayer array Fuji X-trans array Didn’t see most of differences discussed, but was interested that Fuji uses a different sensor array.
– Thorough and fair analysis of “working for free”
– Perfectionism vs Creativity
– Noise minimization and reduction
Late afternoon at Assateague