“It takes more than being right to earn attention and action.” — Seth Godin, July 29, 2016
“What is revealed to me lies beyond any ideas I had for the pictures.” – Sean Kernan
“I think you learn about pictures in yourself … being true to things that you personally respond to and this is the only way you find your original voice, by following your own instinct.” – Edward Burtynsky
– Using a big telephoto lens and extension tubes for macro
– Best lenses for wildlife photography
– Photographing Men
– Dealing with bad weather
– Glacier National Park: Everyman’s Alaska
– Selective Focus Very good macro approach.
– Filming a Beautiful Planet from Space Not the kind of photography any of us are likely to encounter, but interesting nevertheless. Did not know about sensor damage from particles in space.
Leaves and Lichen, Ft. McClary, Kittery, Maine
“Any good photograph is a successful synthesis of technique and art.” – Andreas Feininger
“Never say you’re going back – SHOOT IT NOW!” – Jay Maisel
“Pictures you have taken have an influence on those that you are going to make.” – John Sexton
– National Wildlife Refuges are Great Places for Photography
– National Parks are Good Too!
– Improve Your Compositions
– Better Wildlife Shots
– Abstract Photography
– Stuff to see in South Dakota
– Best and Worst in Photoshop
– Street Photography Ethics and Respect
“I think good dreaming is what leads to good photographs.” – Wayne Miller
“Photograph the world as it is. Nothing’s more interesting than reality.” – Mary Ellen Mark
“You just do what you love, and then a style happens later on.” – David LaChapelle
– Portrait Tips
– Light Painting
– Fixes for common camera failures
– Photo Critique
– Polarizing Filters
– Disruptions in Photography Interesting perspective.
– Fake Photo Contests
– Going on the road with Andrew and Ellen Slayton
– UK law on street photography and photographers’ rights Also a link to American rights.
“If you don’t prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list.” — Michelle Obama
“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts – such is the duty of the artist.” – Schumann
“…photography is a craft that requires experimentation, risk and growth, and that getting better at photography is a journey that never ends.” – Chris Orwig, Photography Issue 5
– Using the Pen Tool Video The pen tool can be a really exceptional tool for making precise selections.
– Preparing Your Portfolio for Review
– What Art Directors Look For
“Doubt is corrosive.
Someone faced with doubt rarely brings her best self to the table. Doubt undermines confidence, it casts aspersions, it assumes untruths. …
There’s plenty of room for doubt later, isn’t there?” — Seth Godin, June 28, 2016
‘A friend, commenting on a new building, “I’m not sure if I hate it or love it! I want to hate it but I think I love it…”
Without that tension, all you’ve done is what’s been done before.’ — Seth Godin, July 1, 2016
“It’s very easy to do the things that are obviously manipulated, but to do things that are subtle, that might or might not be manipulated, can get much more interesting.” – Olivia Parker
– Great hour video on using NIK HDR Pro Really good video by Tim Grey. Also covers HDR in LR and PS, noise control and general HDR concepts.
– Cameras for a Cause
– Using Sea Stacks to Demonstrate Balance in an Image In my opinion, balance is a much more useful and flexible approach than the rule of thirds, which really is just one way to achieve balance.
– Print is Part of the Story: Amy Toensing a NG People and culture Photographer
– Getting Rid of Unwanted Flare
– Renting Lenses Can Help You Get the Shot and Diversify Your Portfolio
– Avoid Over-Processing
– Fireworks Tips
– 30 Iphone apps That You Should Try
– Include the “Hand of Man” in Your Landscapes