“I’m fond of implied narratives, oblique angles, and leaving a little room for the viewer to finish a picture.” – Keith Carter
“Your photography is a record of your living, for anyone who really sees.” – Paul Strand
“These things will destroy the human race: politics without principle, progress without compassion, wealth without work, learning without silence, religion without fearlessness and worship without awareness.” – Anthony de Mello
– Minimize the size of your Photoshop working files without compromising editability Interesting comparison of PSD, PSB and TIF; helpful if you create large, multi-layered files.
– Telling people stories
– Photographing fall color
– Shoot the moon!
– Good tips for mobile photography With really excellent images to illustrate.
– Interesting BW from London
– Johansson makes incredible surreal composites
– Honoring Yellowstone
– Blooming Sunflowers and the Milky Way
– A photographer’s anxiety order shown through her self-portraits
Brooding one morning over tea, I looked down and saw an image. See the Paul Strand quote above
“While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see.” – Dorothea Lange
“Dare to declare who you are. It is not far from the shores of silence to the boundaries of speech. The path is not long, but the way is deep. You must not only walk there, you must be prepared to leap.” – Hildegard Von Bingen
“The notion of one photographer being better than another doesn’t interest me. You can’t win at art.” — David du Chemin
“My gift to you is that I am different.” – Duane Michals
– Beyond IR: Go Full Spectrum
– Fog is cool
– How to make sky replacements look more realistic
– Composition Around the Edges
– Stay Inspired!
– Cleaning your lens and sensor
– The Art of Intuitive Photography A 43 minute video, but you can skip the first 13 minutes.
– Cool stories of photographers almost killing themselves
Cicada. 200 mm micro with extension tubes, two flashes in white reflecting box.