“Kindness. Expertise. Attitude. Skill. Emotional intelligence. Honesty. Generous persistence. Willingness to take risks. Loyalty. Perceptivity. Attention span. Care. Self awareness…” — Seth Godin, June 28, 2018
“There are no bad pictures; that’s just how your face looks sometimes.”– Abraham Lincoln
“I used to think that I could never lose anyone if I photographed them enough. In fact, my pictures show me how much I’ve lost.”– Nan Goldin
– Using content aware to remove distractions
– Neat little trick in 60 sec video on “guided upright” in LR or PS
– Choosing a workshop
– Dorothea Lange
– Street photography winners Take the time to “View the Full Series.” These are very good examples of a body of work.
– Two New Nikon mirrorless cameras I am excited about this because I would really like a smaller, lighter, but fully capable camera AND be able to use my existing lenses. We will see what is on the table later this summer.
– Adobe alternatives without a subscription Some are very reasonably priced with a great array of features
– Don’t ask “is it good?” ask “did it succeed?”
– Vintage NYC in found photos
From Steve Oney:
– Apps for landscape photographers Some post processing aps but also: ephemeris, peak identifier, long exposure calculator. light pollution, weather, etc.