“While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see.” – Dorothea Lange
“Dare to declare who you are. It is not far from the shores of silence to the boundaries of speech. The path is not long, but the way is deep. You must not only walk there, you must be prepared to leap.” – Hildegard Von Bingen
“The notion of one photographer being better than another doesn’t interest me. You can’t win at art.” — David du Chemin
“My gift to you is that I am different.” – Duane Michals
– Beyond IR: Go Full Spectrum
– Fog is cool
– How to make sky replacements look more realistic
– Composition Around the Edges
– Stay Inspired!
– Cleaning your lens and sensor
– The Art of Intuitive Photography A 43 minute video, but you can skip the first 13 minutes.
– Cool stories of photographers almost killing themselves
Cicada. 200 mm micro with extension tubes, two flashes in white reflecting box.
“Cicadas buzzing in stillness…listen! Drilling in the summer sun…” — Basho
“Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.” – Henry Ward Beecher
“An expert is someone who has succeeded in making decisions and judgments simpler through knowing what to pay attention to and what to ignore.” — Edward de Bono
– Free Adobe Phone Ap for vector images
– Avoiding Boring Mountain Pictures
– Different approach to composition: Visual Rhetoric Interesting stuff although many new concepts and terms presented.
– Is photography story-telling?
– Ultra-wide angle lenses
– Monochrome Therapy
– Your images could be illegally available for sale on Amazon
– Better Autofocus
– A brief but interesting history of photoshop
In-camera spin, using a lens with a foot attached to a tripod, so the spin is even and centered. f/22, 0.5 sec.
Using spin blur (Filter>Spin Gallery>Spin Blur) and moving the center of the spin off to the lower left. f/16, 1/6 sec.
Which do you like better and why? Comments are welcome.
“Any good photograph is a successful synthesis of technique and art.” – Andreas Feininger
“Never say you’re going back – SHOOT IT NOW!” – Jay Maisel
“Pictures you have taken have an influence on those that you are going to make.” – John Sexton
– National Wildlife Refuges are Great Places for Photography
– National Parks are Good Too!
– Improve Your Compositions
– Better Wildlife Shots
– Abstract Photography
– Stuff to see in South Dakota
– Best and Worst in Photoshop
– Street Photography Ethics and Respect